Friday, September 13, 2013

INDN 212: Final Phase!

So, I'm in the final phase now!! It's pretty exciting, and at the same time, it's getting to the point where I just want the project to be done with. All of my componentry has worked so far, so when putting it together, I just have to focus on keeping the circuits I had intact and clean, and then I'll be good to go.

I finally spray painted my ceiling mount. I ran over it with a large amount of wood filler first, so as to get a really smooth surface for the spray painting. I also filled in the square holes a bit, so as to get a better hole for the strangely shaped PIR sensors. The spray painting looks really nice, however I am a bit concerned it's not going to dry in time.

The arduino has been a really tricky learning curve for me. The components that I have all work together, however, once I bring them all together and wire everything up, there's no way of telling if it will still all work. Theoretically it will all work. Everything I have put together is designed to work. But only time will tell as to if the whole piece works.

One of the aspects that I really like about this project is the materiality of the pendant lamps. The three materials actually come together really harmoniously and work well together from a colour and textures perspective.

This was one of the tricky parts. Since the muscle wire has to be in a completed circuit and can't be used to provide current to another powered device (as then there will be too much current going through the wire and it will burn out), I needed to have a wire going back up the electrical cords of the two outer lamps. I used some black rubber wire and had it follow the twist of the normal wires, and that actually worked out quite nicely! You can barely see it.

As for the inner edge, the muscle wire there needs to be secured, and then I'll be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment