Sunday, May 27, 2012

DSDN 144 Project 3: Aesthetic Test

One thing I really want to do before the shoot is see what the aesthetic I'm going for will look like. The idea of a direct comparison suits what I'm trying to achieve, namely trying to make the unseen seen. One of the things I need to decide on is how the two images interplay in the single frame. The nature of the light I'm using is a rather blue-ish white light. While this does make for an interesting image, it might be overkill? 

Possibly the highlighting of the electrical cables could be black and white.



...Which is what I tried out here. Overall I think it makes the image a little more subtle, while at the same time offers a different kind of contrast. It has a classier feel to it as well. The blue almost seems a little bit tacky in comparison. 




Oh, and don't worry, the masking tape is only there as a marker for the final shoot. It won't be there in the final images. 
One thing I also really wanted to achieve is the sense of blandness next to something completely other-worldly, that still has an element of technicality.

Another thing I experimented with for my photos was testing to see how the images were altered if the angles of the torch was changed. I discovered that having an actual light bleed along the walls, ceiling and floor helped to show the space as well as giving the sense of the "energy matrix" more form.

No comments:

Post a Comment