Sunday, May 20, 2012

DSDN 101 Project 3: Project Ideas

After consolidating the brainstorming I had done to what Media Design means to me, I've decided that I really want to explore the idea of virtual worlds in combination with the real world. In that sense, what I really want to do is show where Media Design could be going in that particular field. We're starting to see this kind of augmented reality in futuristic prototypes and advertising such as the Google project, Project Glass.

Could interfaces such as this be the way of the future?
Acquired from: 
http://techpp.com/2012/04/06/i-dont-need-google-glasses/

However, I want to explore this concept as a separate entity. I want to see if it's possible to mimic technology such as holographic displays, holographic interfaces, and other methods of screenless display in a stop motion video. The kind of things I'd love to mimic are in films like Iron Man, Minority Report, Avatar, and in many video games too.


This technology looks absolutely fantastic and is now almost synonymous with the future in films and other videos. We see these UIs and automatically we are transported to the fantastical world of future technology. I believe Media Design is going to have a huge role to play in the development of these user interfaces. People will want interfaces that work for all of us individually.

Free-form interfaces would be even more awesome.
Acquired from: http://wn.com/Iron_Man_JARVIS_Effect

I think what I really want to create is something along the lines of Tony Stark's interface in the film Iron Man. I anticipate this will be far more difficult than previously anticipated though. I don't have the tools or the ability to create something 3-D, however, I believe I could possibly create something much more simple and 2-dimensional.

I think what I'll do is start with a glasses-style augmented reality and then work up to an actual standalone system.

No comments:

Post a Comment